“I feel I got here late,” YouTube video blogger Mikey Chen says into his digital camera whereas standing in entrance of Goldee’s Barbecue in Fort Value.
The barbecue joint was not too long ago named one of the best within the state. Its first 20 prospects line up between 4 and seven a.m. — simply to make certain they will get a chew of that hard-to-get brisket, Lao sausage and home made brioche bread when the store opens at 11 a.m.
Chen confirmed up at 11:30 a.m. — rookie mistake, perhaps — however he was nonetheless capable of get bites of practically each delectable merchandise on Goldee’s menu.
And good factor: Chen has thousands and thousands of followers on YouTube, and he’s absolutely satisfied loads of followers to make the drive to out-of-the-way eating places he believes are nice. Chen moved to Dallas-Fort Value this yr and is consuming his approach by way of a good quantity of family-owned eating places in Texas, along with hitting the biggies like Whataburger (”Ugh, it seems lifeless”) and Pecan Lodge (”wonderful smoke ring,” however offered out of beef ribs).
At Goldee’s, Chen couldn’t discover something he didn’t like, giving Fort Value much more avenue cred because the barbecue capital of Texas.
Goldee’s, not even two years previous, is its crown jewel.
Whereas Chen waits (and waits and waits), co-owner Jalen Heard introduced out a pattern of a burnt finish, which Chen calls a “slurp-worthy chew.”
He lastly will get to the entrance, feeling that acquainted barbecue feeling: “It’s extra thrilling than ready two hours and getting on Magic Mountain at Disney,” Chen says.
He orders a pound of fatty brisket, some burnt ends, jalapeño sausage, a beef rib, some pork ribs, a slice of turkey and all the sides.
6 amusing highlights from Chen’s 18-minute video about Goldee’s Barbecue:
- In regards to the menu: “You guys are a bunch of overachievers, you actually are.”
- About his pleasure as he eats Texas’ finest barbecue: “Butterflies. Critically.”
- In regards to the beef rib: “What the precise heck. … I don’t know in case you can inform, however that is simply dripping juice.”
- In regards to the brisket: “Once you chew into this, it’s just like the barbecue gods got here and simply gently kissed you on the lips.”
- In regards to the sausage: “If this sausage performed within the NFL, each single time, the quarterback can be like, ‘That’s a pleasant snap. That’s a very nice snap. That’s an ideal snap.’”
- In closing: “When you’re questioning if this place lives as much as the hype, I’m telling you, it exceeds it. . … Of all of the locations I’ve been to, that is one of the best. No comparability.”
Goldee’s Barbecue is at 4645 Dick Value Highway, Fort Value. Open Friday by way of Sunday, 11 a.m. to sellout. Present up early if you wish to eat. And also you do.