For 10 days and two weekends, almost 70 eating places in Alexandria will supply a $25, $35 or $45 per particular person prix fixe dinner for one throughout Alexandria Restaurant Week, August 19-28. Particular menus can be found in-person in any respect taking part eating places, many with out of doors eating out there. The brand new pricing construction displays a spectrum of Alexandria’s choices from quick informal to high quality eating. The online menu book now out there makes it straightforward to browse scrumptious alternatives from particular menus at established native favorites and newly opened eateries.
Al fresco eating abounds with choices together with waterside views at Hummingbird, beer backyard vibes at Augie’s Mussel Home, a brand-new patio at Kismet Fashionable Indian and far more. Plus, try a first-time Restaurant Week participant, Del Ray’s pop-up Tiki Bar, whose choices embody “Cocoloconut” shrimp and smoked jerk wings.
Alexandria Restaurant Week showcases the inventiveness of native cooks in neighborhoods all through town, together with Outdated City, Del Ray, Carlyle and Eisenhower and the West Finish.
Alexandria Restaurant Week Menu Highlights:
- The Research at Morrison Home in Outdated City gives artistic, elevated alternatives from Chef Tomas Chavarria, who not too long ago appeared on Meals Community, starting from turnip ceviche to Mesoamerican goodies.
- Owned by a local of Italy, Aldo’s Italian Kitchen on Eisenhower Avenue is ideal for a Mediterranean feast with dishes like caprese salad, hen piccata and candy endings like pistachio ricotta cake.
- Cheesetique, a Del Ray favourite, gives a three-course menu crammed with hearty delights equivalent to creamy black truffle gnocchi and far more.
- You’ll be tempted to start out with dessert at beloved West Finish hub Metropolis Kitchen, withoptions together with “summerberry” cheesecake and “satan’s latte” cream cake.
- Head to King Avenue’s Arduous Occasions Café for a laid-back environment and crowd-pleasing plates equivalent to crispy Brussels sprouts and ever-popular “chili mac.”
- Take a look at Carlyle’s Pasara Thai with a mouth-watering three-course menu that includes flavors from contemporary papaya salad to sweet-and-savory pork pad see lew to wealthy sticky rice with coconut custard.
- Situated in Alexandria’s Arlandria neighborhood, RT’s serves the flavors of The Large Straightforward with alligator stew, shellfish etouffée and Creole bread pudding.
Alexandria Restaurant Week was launched in 2009 by Go to Alexandria and has since been a favourite amongst patrons and restaurateurs, occurring biannually within the winter and summer season. Along with serving as an financial driver for Alexandria eating places, Alexandria Restaurant Week bolsters town’s fame as a culinary vacation spot.